blue hydrangeas lighten things up a bit

DSC_0054 DSC_0060 DSC_0057

these came from just one of my hydrangeas. I have about 10 more hydrangea that haven’t bloomed yet because they are in shade. I am looking forward to having  these throughout my house for a month or more. life seems a little easier with blue flowers in soda bottles throughout my house.

1. Love these flowers !!

Me too, Nora. I will have weeks of blue blossoms, I always dry some to replace the older ones. They dry beautifully! ~amy

2. So pretty, I love the bottles as well!

Thank you so much! Happy flowers in fun vases. ~amy

3. lemony69 says:

Really love the colour. So pretty 🙂

lighthearted color, a unexpected color from the gardens. I LOVE this time of year. Thank you! ~amy

4. Reblogged this on WRITER'S BLOG and commented:
    love this for the patio table reblogged

Hello Annette, thank you so very much for reblogging my hydrangea post. I am very flattered by the compliment! ~amy

5. jpeggytaylor says:

I love the contrasting colours – the blue/green works so well in the clear soda bottles 🙂

I thought so too, Peggy! I love these soda bottles, the whole arrangement is playful. ~amy

6. The hydrangeas in my Scottish garden are only just on the cusp of flowering. I like your idea of displaying them in a line of soda bottles.

They do block the view of my children at dinner :). I think blue flowers seem so different then most flowers, a bit playful. The soda bottles added to that feeling. Thank you. ~amy

Thank you!!! ~amy

I was thinking that those bottles would make great vases for my daughter’s Bat Mitzvah this August…Of course, Sophie doesn’t like them. Oh,well. If I said i hated them, she would have claimed a great love for them. I love 13 yr old girls….grrrrr. 🙂 ~amy

1. I don’t have children but if I could have one it would definitively has to be a girl…..those little princesses are the cutes when they rebel!!! 🙂

Ha. cute only to someone who can escape those rebelling princesses! 🙂

7. Dale says:

I am très jealous! I used to have hydrangea at my old house… now I want to plant some here!

You better get digging, Dale! This bush must be very old. I’ve planted 15 last year & the year before & none flower like the one that gave me all those blue blossoms. Happy shopping! ~amy