perfect lighting

DSC_0653 DSC_0654 2 DSC_0651 DSC_0650

for the Orchids @ Sweet Pea Garden Shop

1. lemony69 says:

So beautiful ❤

It was perfection. I was lucky to hit it when the light was reflecting off the pavement outside the window. Thank you. ~amy

2. jpeggytaylor says:

Beautiful images – love those orchids 🙂

Thank you, Peggy. I’m sure they were all saying, “don’t buy me, don’t buy me” trembling from fear of me doing so. I can kill an orchid within a week. 😦 ~amy

3. Did I mentioned before that ORCHIDS are the absolute perfect flowers! Your shots make them even more breathtaking! Absolutely Superb Photos!

I was very lucky with the lighting. Everything taken in the right light, can shine. Thank you so much, Eva! ~amy

1. I’m still learning the concept of perfect light, but now I know it exists for real, I got my sort of experience with bad lighting, so I know what you mean.

Yes, bad lighting is rather obvious. Usually full sun…The lighting on the orchids was bounced from the paved area (maybe a mix of rock & cement?) through the window into a very low light place. Shade tends to be best during the middle of the day, having the sunlight bounce toward your subject. If there is no light bouncing off anything, when you are editing you may begin to notice that your images have a blue/cyan tint to them (absence of direct light) then you either add yellow/magenta to correct. Take this test to see what I mean…find something white, like a flower in the shade & add those colors & watch what happens to the flower…

4. Robert says: