ladybug to the rescue

DSC_0189 2

This hero is headed for the spider mites that have gotten into our blueberries. I use organic pesticides to kill these nasty things, but I would rather use ladybugs. I wish i could go to the nursery & buy an ARMY of these food-saving ladybugs. Fighting nature with nature really seems the way to go, call me crazy but isn’t that the way Mother Nature intended for us to help grow crops?  This past spring, we found a bunch of ladybugs inside our house. If we could catch them, we would put them on our lemon & orange trees that sit in the window, in hopes that they would find something to munch on.

1. alliejarratt says:

Lovely picture! Lady bugs are one of my favourite insects.

The hero wears red. I love Lady bugs too. Thank you, Allie. ~amy

2. lumar1298 says:

You know… I haven’t seen a ladybug in years… Many I’m just not looking hard enough…

We get infested in Birmingham in the fall. I always put them in my indoor plants in hopes that they make more ladybugs for my gardens. Keep looking & thank them for chewing up the bad guys! :)~amy

3. I’m happy: that is the first ladybug shot I saw this spring!!! You made my day, I love ladybugs( I even put one on my shoe design). The bee would be my second favorite bug, both are not only cute but the most usefull bugs created by Mother Nature. Thanks for sharing your ladybug!-Eva:)

I love your enthusiasm for ladybugs & bees. I share them & welcome them happily in my gardens. I asked my husband if we could put in a bat house on a tree to rid us of our flying & bitting bugs. He didn’t answer, so I guess now. But we do have bats, I’ve seen them all over our night skies & I am grateful. ~amy

Thank you so much. I was happy I spotted her! ~amy