my peach tree is peaching!

DSC_0108 DSC_0104 DSC_0100 DSC_0096 DSC_0097 DSC_0107

Ok, so maybe not peaching. Flowering or blossoming would be better, but lacks (my) excitement . Here is the story about the peach tree. My husband & spotted this tree in bloom at a nursery. It doesn’t grow tall, 6′ or so, it does get wide 4′ so maybe more like a bush then a tree. We planted this tree about two years ago. It gave us two peaches. Last year it didn’t do anything. This morning, I was taking vegetation to the compost pile & when I looked up I saw THIS! OMG. I am happy. We will have peaches, blueberries, strawberries & grapes from our gardens this year. Some of the flowers are different colors, some have bright pink stamens & others are white. Ok, I’m done. Can someone send some bees?

BTW, anyone living in the Birmingham area–Whole Foods has these exact trees for sale right now.

Hooray! I can feel your joy from England.- Karen

1. 2me4art says:

Can you? I dragged my son over to see it today. He got excited when I told him that those blossoms are going (i hope) to turn into peaches. Thank you, Karen! ~amy

2. Reggie says:

I hope that every single one of those flowers turns into a big juicy peach fruit. 🙂

1. 2me4art says:

I was wondering if the tree would be able to support all those peaches. It only stands about three and a half feet high. If it becomes to hard to hold on to its peaches, I will help. Happily! Thank you, Reggie.~amy

3. lumar1298 says:

What a pretty flower… And fm a peach tree… I would have never guessed…

1. 2me4art says:

Thank you! ~amy

1. 2me4art says:

Very! There are even more today. I will put them on the blog in a day or so. Thanks, jr cline. ~amy

4. Beautiful. You are inspiring me to take photos of blossoms tomorrow. The fruit you are growing sounds wonderful. I hope you have a great crop.

1. 2me4art says:

Thank you, Nia. I highly recommend gardening to everyone. It is work with a reward. Nothing sweeter then a handful of blueberries that came from my own gardens. ~amy

5. Jane Brewer says:

How beautiful! Really like your leaching, gonna shake your tree! (not sure if you’re old enough to remember this song lol) We had a lovely peach tree in our back garden in Peckham, grown from a pip from a Sainsbury’s peach tossed in the ground, would you believe. It gave us beautiful peaches, year after year…all the best with yours…

1. 2me4art says:

Thank you, Jane! I’m so happy with this tree’s blossoms, if it doesn’t bare fruit, I’ve so enjoyed photographing the blossoms as they open. I did some more today. Thank you for you sweet words. ~amy