they reached the sun

DSC_0027

& held it fast.

The Birmingham Museum of Art in Alabama.

to photograph subjects at their best advantage depends a lot upon the position of the light source. if you have the perfect subject, but the sun isn’t it in the right spot, at that moment in the sky, you can either wait for the earth to spin for a little while longer. or you can move the subject. But if the subject is bronze & stuck fast in solid concrete, well, then I have to move & sometimes, i discover it was to my advantage, as i found out today.

sculpture in the gardens at the Museum.

1. Patricia says:

Really fascinating image Amy. Truly, the perspective and lighting work so well together.

I was very blessed that the earth stopped while I stood there. I walked around that piece looking for the best way to capture the power or desperation of the humans struggling to escape something. Their faces held fear, which was unnerving to me. I love the way it turn out-to inspire courage, rather then escaping a horror. Thank you, Patricia! ~amy

1. Patricia says:

Well you’re welcome Amy — truly, one of the most fascinating images I’ve seen for quite some time.

2. A beauty of a photograph.

A real compliment coming from you, Gretchen! ~amy

3. Perfect timing and the result is stunning and powerful!

I am going to order it very big. It is so inspiring to me, because of the saying about personal goals, “reach for the stars, or sun) I’m so glad you like it & felt what I did! ~amy

4. Great shot and text. Though, I would advise against kids trying to reach for the sun quite this way…8^).

Yes, reading for the sun would certainly cause blindness, it was more of an inspirational idea behind the image. Thank you so much for reading it! ~amy

1. Sorry, only joking. I can’t stop joking, and yet I must 8^).

5. mgrace58 says:

Empowering and inspiring.
    I nominated you for the Wonderful Team Member Readership Award! Here: http://mgrace58.wordpress.com/2014/05/16/wonderful-team-member-readership-award/

With love,

Michelle

I am so honored to be nominated for an award. Thank you, Michelle for the honor! Thank you for your compliment & your nomination! With love back to you. ~amy