garden art made from whatever…

DSC_0001 DSC_0011 DSC_0007 DSC_0004 2

My husband travels the Deep South for work on occasion.  He returned from one trip with buckets of fossilized coral & polished stones. The coral had come from a small town south of Savannah, Georgia, the red rocks came from Texas, but all from the same customer. Everything in the buckets was worthy of viewing, but I didn’t know what to do with so many. A lot of the stones had sharp, almost blade-like edges, so I couldn’t use them to pave a path for walking on. Others were too beautiful to ever have under foot. My favorites, I put in the small fish tank  I have in the art studio (along with most of my collection of polished stones from Vermont, courtesy of my mother)

Yesterday, I followed in my mother’s footsteps (ha, a pun!) & used my hot glue gun to make garden art. I used the fossilized coral, polished stone…but I also used some of the sea shells I had collected at the beach in Gulf Shores, Alabama. Others were glass beads & one plastic button (the Angel).  Most stand about five inches tall, but it was wonderful fun & they look great while I impatiently wait for my flowers to grow back. (tapping foot & circling the gardens do not make a garden grow)

All you need to make your own garden art is a glue gun, stones, glass beads, buttons & the most important, making taking the time to play.

1. jr cline says:

Awesome idea. Now where is my hot glue gun?

Great fun jr cline. I made five in under an hour. I got rid of some clutter too. I mean, what am I supposed to do with all the sea shells I brought home?! ~amy

1. jr cline says:

I get it. I have a lot of seashells.

Show us what you make! ~amy

3. jr cline says:

I will.

2. Gotta love rocks and stones.

Vermont has the most stunning rocks, everywhere you look. We went up a few years ago & found a lot of stones that looked like green mint chocolate chip ice cream. The green stones I collected rest at the bottom of my fish tank. Alabama seems to have only quartz & grey stones…I’ll keep looking for better ones in Alabama. ~amy

3. Reggie says:

Oh, Amy, these are *gorgeous*!! They look like you were having such fun!

Thank you, Reggie! It was a lot of fun. I got rid of a lot of clutter too. I don’t know how I lived without a glue gun. My husband jokingly told me this morning, that he is going to buy me a holster for it. ~amy

1. Reggie says:

Lol! Oh, to be a little child, wandering through your garden… must be heaven. 🙂

I wish my own children felt that way. I can’t seem to get their noses off their screens of the digital world they are consumed by. I drag them out to look at my gardens, but they don’t SEE it. They are pleasing & indulging me. You, however, are always welcome. 🙂 ~amy