elephant at peace

DSC_0057

although, when we aren’t looking he probably turns around to stare at the art behind him.

He is gorgeous!

2. Gaurab says:

This statue is of the Hindu God Ganesha. He is the son of the most powerful god SHIVA and he has human body and an Elephant’s head. 🙂

I had not read your comment when I posted my comment. I do think he is fabulous, but I would not wish you to think that I was being disrespectful in any way to such an important statue.

Karen…it was me that was disrespectful about the statue! You complimented the art…no one would take what you said as disrespectful! ~amy

2. Gaurab says:

You were not disrespectful. You can’t disrespect someone when you don’t know about them and your comment for totally fine. His presence is believed to bring success and positive energy around. Hope it does the same. 🙂 :d

Thank you so much Gaurab, you are very kind.
        He has a very powerful presence and I am not surprised to hear that he is associated with success and positivity.
        I live in England and whenever I visit Glastonbury I go to a very special shop there where the owner travels to India to buy quilts, furniture and treasures. I recently was compelled to buy a painting , which, it was explained to me, was of Shiva and his consorts. It is beautiful.
        Karen

4. Gaurab says:

Yes, Shiva is the most powerful god and also the most kind and innocent, he fulfills the wishes of every person who asks for his blessings from their heart. 🙂

I loved the sculpture very much. It was perfectly placed & I felt peace in that section of the Museum. Thank you for your comment, it made me very happy to read it. ~amy

Thank you for telling me, Gaurab. I should have noted the title when I took it, or at least looked it up! ~amy

1. Gaurab says:

That’s not a problem. I just posted the comment to give a little info to your post. You didn’t know anything about him so it’s totally fine. 🙂 😀

Thank you again for the information, Gaurab. 🙂 ~amy

3. This is a statue of the Hindu deity Ganesh – the body of man and the head of an elephant

Thank you, Ravi. I should have noted the title of the sculpture, I hope i didn’t offend you with my joke. ~amy