I ordered farm help from Amazon

DSC_0140 DSC_0010 DSC_0069 2 DSC_0095 DSC_0031 DSC_0012 DSC_0001

The last image is the bag the ladybugs came in. The second to last image is a bit like a horror film.

1. they are beautiful

2. Update about mantises: I was crestfallen to discover that not all mantises are good or even helpful! Just an FYI: http://nativeplantwildlifegarden.com/praying-mantises-which-are-the-good-ones/

Good to know, i will put the eggs in the bushes away from most of my gardens. I just hope they can be seen so that I can photograph them. Thank you for the link. ~amy

It really was, Jose. Thank you. ~amy

3. trailblazer1 says:

Amazon might use a drone to drop them off next time. Thanks for the pics.

A drone delivering ladybugs would make a fantastic post, wouldn’t it? Thanks for liking the pictures. ~amy

4. jpeggytaylor says:

I agree, much better to use biological controls than chemical sprays on those pesky aphids …. now you’ll need to build your little workers their own hotel 😉 https://www.pinterest.com/jmweinhold/bug-hotel-art-for-the-garden/

Thank you, Peggy! I found the perfect one from your link. Birmingham has bamboo in some places & lucky for me, there is a vacant lot full of it. I’ve been collecting the dead bamboo during my walks. Not only do I have a ton of it & its beautiful, I just need to cut (husband:) cut it on a bias & hang it up. Beautiful! Thank you so much! ~amy

1. jpeggytaylor says:

Oh that’s wonderful to hear, Amy 🙂 … and those old bamboo sticks have just been waiting there to be upcycled too! I’m sure your ladybugs will be very happy 🙂
        (we call them ‘ladybirds’ here in the UK 😉 )

I love the bamboo & I’m thankful to you for giving them another purpose! I’ve been told by another blogger that you call them ladybirds. I love that. Thank you for the suggestion on building the bug houses! ~amy

3. jpeggytaylor says:

oh you are welcome, Amy 🙂

5. That is amazing – I would never have imagined you could order ladybirds from Amazon – how did they survive the transit?

They were wrapped up in a plastic net-type bag. There was sawdust/wood chips & a cotton ball. The bag was wrapped in cardboard with holes. I think they were young, because they were very small & not as bright red as I usually see them. Maybe that is what they put the eggs in? Also, included in the box was a small bottle of sugary syrup I was instructed to pour over my garden. I’m just thankful it was possible. Some didn’t make it, but more then half did. Amazing isn’t it! ~amy

6. robert87004 says:

I’m betting you didn’t make any lasting friendships with your aphids, doing that. 🙂

1. Oldcat says:

An aphid’s life pretty much sucks all the time, anyway.

Not all the time. They’ve been gorging themselves on cilantro, tomato, basil, blueberries, strawberries & flowers. They’ve reached the end of their buffet. 🙂 ~amy

They’ve enjoyed my gardens more then enough. “Begone, you feasting herbivores” I proclaimed upon releasing the dogs of war. Thank you, Robert. 🙂 ~amy

I never, ever saw anything like this! How wonderful they are! They will be so happy in the Amy garden!!

I’d never seen anything like it either. The blogger who sent me the link to Amazon, lives in England. So you too could bring some ladybugs into the Karen garden. 🙂 ~amy

I love it that you call them “Ladybugs”. It’s funny, because in England we call then “Ladybirds”, because they fly I suppose. I am gardening and was thinking about you and those red bugs! I have white fly on my Chervil.I am planting out all my crops- Cauliflower ‘Violette’-is just one of the plants doesn’t that sound so romantic (the name and the colour, I mean, not the planting out, although I do LOVE IT)-Karen

I”ve never heard them referred as Ladybirds. I love that though. I’m glad to hear you are in your gardens. Working in my gardens feels so peaceful & rewarding. I hope you feel that way too. I hope you have a good week, Karen. ~amy

8. Wow, I have never seen something like it ever!!! God I’m happy to know you, you showed so many cool things, interesting things, beautiful things, funny things and the list could go on and on! Beside all those ladybugs if I may say so, your blueberries looking realy YUMMI….I could spend a whole day feeding myself under those bushes! The bugs are adorable and at work right away! Thanks for the fun, I realy enjoyed your shots of ladybug invasion:):):)

I’ve never done anything like that before! I didn’t know it was possible without having a follower/following blogger send me a link to Amazon. It was really, really cool. When I was taking pictures, I never saw the little webs between the berries until I got the images on my computer screen, so it was then that I knew they had something to feast on. The ladybugs fell into the strawberries plants i have beneath the blueberries & found a lot more to eat there. We planted the blueberries & strawberries about five years ago & this looks like it’s going to be the best year for them. I would share them with you, if you came by for a visit! Thank you for your incredible comment. Made my morning. ~amy

It was so much fun to release them…a bit scary looking too. My praying Mantis eggs came yesterday afternoon. At least that won’t be as scary, until they hatch! ~amy

9. AubreyRamirez says:

Lovely photos, did you have a greenfly invasion or something?

I ordered the lady bugs because I kept seeing all sorts of bugs eating my flowers, herbs & veggies. I thought it would be great fun for my son & i to release them. And it was! Thank you, Aubrey! ~amy