staring me down

DSC_0511 2

she belongs to me. although, i believe in her mind, i belong to her. like an old toy, this teenager has outgrown me. she’ll need me soon, i hope.

1. Jose Sola says:

Beautiful girl, great shot as always. We have three boys, well… three young men now… And yes, they do come back looking for advice, and to share about their conquers once they have a taste of world on their own terms.

2. Beautiful. She is finding out who she is or isn’t right now. She’ll return to have the camaraderie of you as a woman. It will be sweet.

3. Mary says:

Your daughter is so lovely, a beautiful natural pose. Love how you photographed her, gorgeous lighting that creates a wonderful soft feel to the scene.

4. A perfect teenager with the most green eyes I ever saw! Beautiful Girl, Beautiful Daughter!!!

5. jr cline says:

My teens started needing me again in their early 20s.

6. Rajiv says:

Your daughter? My teen daughter is where she is now!

7. I once thought that my mom was mine…but what I found is that we were each other’s. When I went off to college she was the first person I called when I needed someone to talk to or just someone to tell about my day and she would call just because. Everyone outgrows thinking they don’t need their mom. I know I did.

Exactly, Hunter! I couldn’t wait to get away from my mother, who i believed knew nothing as to how the world worked, but then when i was trying to live without her, boy…i wished for those days back! Thank you so much for your comment. ~amy

8. Dale says:

I have two male versions of that… I, too, hope they will need me again!

They will probably need only money. That is when she is kind, when she has a motive. 🙂 ~amy

1. Dale says:

Aren’t teens fun? My eldest just got his first job so I should get a break from the money-grabbing!
        And yes… Amazing how nice they can be when they want something!

Teens are wonderful fun. My oldest is leaving for college in a few months. So she has changed so much. She had two jobs this year, during school & still managed to get straight ‘A’s’…this wouldn’t have been believed possible when she was 13. She is so grown up. I’m one proud Mom. Thanks, Dale. I’m glad he has a job, that changes everything for them. ~amy

9. photographyfashionlove says:

What a beautiful picture! And the words you wrote. Beautiful!

Wow. Thank you so very, very much. ~amy

10. avian101 says:

Children grow too fast! She’s an angel! 🙂

She is growing fast. She is mothering everyone. She may look like an angel…thank you so much. ~amy

11. Reggie says:

I love the backlighting on her hair, and the way the colour of her eyes stands out. She radiates independence, self-confidence, focused attention… you must have done something right as a mum, Amy! 🙂

Oh, gosh, Reggie….that was after scolding her for being such a grouch. She was whining about how hot she was, how bored she was…etc. That photo was LUCK! Thank you! ~amy

1. Reggie says: