my super cool mom

IMG_6759

An old photograph of my mother with my twin brother. Thought I’d share because she is fantastic & I just found the photo yesterday.

1. Brings back memories of the 60’s. She definitely looks like a love child. Great photo

She was/is a love child. Always way cooler then i’ve been. Thank you. My photography teacher/father took this image. I’m jealous that she is holding my brother & not me. Although, I had to be in my father’s arms for him to have taken the image. Maybe I was learning then. ~amy

2. Beautiful photo, she reminds me of the actress from the “Love Story” movie: soft, warm, tender, very stylish and very beautiful. I have an old photo of my Mom too and every time I look at it I always marvel how beautiful she was(is). Your father has indeed an excellent eye for photo shots and also for picking the right girl! Thanks for sharing your find.-Eva:)

3. Lovely photo, Amy, she looks gorgeous and I bet she still is.

Thank you, Mo! She is still gorgeous. My father took this photograph, he is the one who taught me to shoot. ~amy

4. godtisx says:

*I love this picture…*

Thank you! Me too! My dad took it. She looks amazingly cool, I wish I could time travel & hang out with her…but i probably wasn’t cool enough.:) ~amy

1. godtisx says:

She’s your mom, you’re always cool enough. Always.

He took the perfect picture, and she does look ultra cool. 🙂

Now that is SPECIAL! She looks creative and something ‘other’ than just a Mum.

She looks like a Hollywood movie star. She always has. My biggest hero right there. Thanks, Karen. ~amy

She ALWAYS looked cool. During my teens, I thought I looked cooler because as a teen…she didn’t know ‘anything’ how wrong I was. I look back at me, i was silly looking. She shined no matter what the current fashion was. Thank you, Irene. ~amy

6. Liz says:

This is a ‘super cool’ photo. Love it. 🙂

Thanks, Liz. My father was the photographer. He caught a magic moment that now sits beside my desk. I wish it was ME in her arms, not my brother…lucky guy. ~amy

7. Linda Barnes says:

Great pic !

Linda

Dad took it, Linda. She is a stunner, still. ~amy

8. markbialczak says:

Tell us about how finding this photo makes you feel, Amy. I’m interested! Beautiful mom and twin!

Well Mark. I remembered seeing that image as a teenager & thinking how much I LOVED her necklace/choker & when I found this photo again, I realized I’ve spent a great deal of time trying to pull the choker off. I also thought that she was so young to have two babies & still look like a movie star. Thanks for asking! ~amy

1. markbialczak says:

I truly thank your for sharing those emotions, Amy. And yes, your mom did look like a movie star!

9. The Reading Girl says:

your mom was beautiful

Yes, she was & she still is amazingly so. She is also a fantastic…everything. Thank you so much for your compliment! ~amy

10. nerdycanuck says:

Awesome photo, thanks for sharing:)

It is an awesome photograph, my talented father took it. He must have been holding me while he did so. Thank you for your wonderful compliment. ~amy

11. Nguyên-Kan says:

she looks great, attractive and fashionable!

My mother has always been a super fashionable, edgy & very beautiful woman. Thank you so much for your compliment, Nguyen-Kan. ~amy