blue crab in little shell

i was adding this shell to my collection, when he popped out to exclaim it belonged to himself.
i was adding this shell to my collection, when he popped out to inform me that it belonged to himself.

1. Reggie says:

Such unusual little creatures… I love this photo. 🙂

1. 2me4art says:

I’d never seen a blue one before. The shell itself was only an inch & a half long, so I wasn’t expecting company. I was very glad he decided to pop out so I could photograph him. Thank you, Reggie. ~amy

I feel very comforted by this sweet photo. The complimentary colours are so satisfying and the sea side story so sweet. We have no idea when we post a photo just how many levels our images might be working on. This photo reminded me of a little book I had as a girl (and still have)- The Ladybird book of the seashore.-Karen

1. 2me4art says:

Its funny, Karen. When I look at the photograph, I feel as though I am seeing it through my childhood eyes. We had many trips to the beaches. Very different from the gulf beach. We usually went to Maine, Cape Cod, Nantucket or Hartford Conn. Thank you for getting the same feelings. Means we would make wonderful friends if we lived on the same part of the world. ~amy

3. janjoy52 says:

Eek and YIKES!!!!

1. 2me4art says:

Yes. Had he been brown, like a cockroach, I would have tossed him back into the waves. Being blue was a different story. The shell was as big as a quarter. So he didn’t scare me too much. Thank you, Jan for your eek! ~amy

4. Liana says:

I love this one on so many levels 🙂

1. 2me4art says:

It looks like it was taken from my childhood. I loved that he was blue in an orange shell, he couldn’t have chosen a better place to be, for me, that day. Thank you, Liana! ~amy

5. Cute little guy!

1. 2me4art says:

He was. I thought the shell was empty, then little blue legs showed up. Thanks, Timothy! ~amy